At 52 years, The Cape Rock is one of the oldest literary journals in the nation.
“The mindful arrangement of this issue should give hope to any writer looking for a close and empathetic reading. These editors do more than just publish poetry. They also honor the ongoing conversations poets have with their tradition.” ―Elaine Fowler Palencia, NewPages.com
As of Spring 2018, The Cape Rock is becoming an annual journal! In January, we will be launching an online component that will regularly publish accepted work, and then selections from the online journal, perhaps along with some new work, will be published in the annual.
Simultaneous Submissions are welcome, so long as you withdraw poems immediately if accepted elsewhere (to withdraw specific poems from a larger submission, contact us at at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your withdrawal).
Email correspondence to: email@example.com
Dr. Dan Crocker, Editor
The Cape Rock
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza, MS 2650
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- Contributors’ names and email addresses should appear in the upper right-hand corner of each submission.
- We publish poetry; no restrictions on subjects or forms, but we prefer poems under 75 lines. Our criterion for selection is the quality of the work.
- We accept submissions of between 1 and 5 poems.
- No sentimental, didactic, or “cute” poems.
- All contributors are paid with two copies.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- The Cape Rock retains first printing rights, then rights revert to the author. The Cape Rock should be credited as the original publisher if the work is subsequently placed elsewhere.
- We also accepted printed submissions through the mail.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about submissions.